Must Read: How to Fix iPhone 15 Stuck in Boot Loop?
Backing up your iPhone is a crucial step in safeguarding your data, ensuring that you can recover it in case of loss or damage. While iCloud and computer backups are common options, they often come with storage limitations. To overcome these constraints and keep your data safe, you can back up your iPhone to an external drive or a convenient flash drive. This guide will walk you through the essential steps and methods to securely and efficiently backup your iPhone to an external drive or flash drive, ensuring that your cherished memories and important information remain protected and accessible at all times.
Here are the methods you can use to safely backup your iphone.
1. Backup iPhone to an External Hard Drive via iTunes:
Backing up your iPhone regularly allows you to recover lost data and free up space. Storing your backup on an external hard drive is a secure option, as you can carry it with you for easy access. Here’s how:
2. Backup iPhone to a Flash Drive Using AOMI:
Backing up your iPhone may require more storage than you have on iCloud or your computer. One solution is to use AOMI to back up your iPhone to a flash drive. This approach ensures your data is safe and easily accessible. Here are the steps:
How to Backup iPhone to External Drive – Two Simple Steps
Backing up your iPhone may not have a direct method, but you can achieve it by creating an iTunes backup on your computer and then transferring the backup to a flash drive. Here’s how:
Steps to Backup iPhone to an External Hard Drive:
The method you choose for backing up your iPhone may depend on your device. Here’s how to use Finder for iOS 13 and later versions:
Step 1: Backup iPhone to Mac
– Connect your iPhone and external hard drive to your Mac.
– Locate the Spotlight search (top left on your Mac screen) or use the Search option.
– Choose the location section from the left panel and select your iPhone.
– Under the General tab, select the option to back up all your iPhone data to your Mac.
– Tap the “Trust Computer” button on your iPhone.
– Finally, click “Back Up Now.”
Step 2: Locate and Transfer iPhone Backup to a Hard Drive
– After the backup is complete, click “Manage Backups.”
– Control-click the backup and choose “Show in Finder” => “Show Device Backup.”
– Control-click the backup folder and copy it.
– Paste the folder into your external drive from the left panel and click “Paste.”
Another method is to navigate to the Go menu and select “Go to Folder.” Paste the path: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup and copy the folder to an external hard drive.
Backup Your iPhone Using iTunes for Windows or Mac:
While there’s no direct method for backing up an iPhone, you can create a backup through iTunes on your computer and then transfer it to an external hard drive or flash drive. Here’s how:
1. Download and install iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Click the “Trust Computer” button on your iPhone.
4. In iTunes, click the Device tab, select “This Computer,” and then click “Backup” to initiate an immediate backup.
Once the backup process is complete, you can locate and move the iTunes backup to a flash drive. For Mac, find the backups using this path: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/. For Windows, the backup is located in: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup/”
Backing up your iPhone to an external drive or flash drive is a smart and secure way to protect your data. We’ve explored various methods, whether using iTunes on your computer or AOMI for flash drive backups, and we’ve highlighted the steps to follow. By taking the time to set up these backups, you can ensure that your valuable information is always within reach, even if you face unexpected data loss or device issues. The peace of mind that comes from having a reliable backup of your iPhone data is invaluable, and it’s a simple task that can save you from countless headaches down the road. So, don’t wait; take the initiative to safeguard your iPhone’s data today.I hope this helps! If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.